Dental veneers can give you a new and improved smile in just two visits.
It's a sad fact of life, but over time, our teeth gradually become discolored, damaged, and just duller in general. If you have been feeling self-conscious about your smile, then it might be time to talk to our Pasadena, TX, cosmetic dentist, Dr. Kevin Gill, about dental veneers. Often only taking two visits to complete, this simple cosmetic treatment could give you a beautiful smile for the long term!
How Dental Veneers Work
If you have a misshapen or discolored nail, you may decide to place an artificial nail over it to cover the imperfection. Veneers are the equivalent of an artificial nail for your teeth, however, they are far more durable and aesthetically pleasing. Custom-made for your smile, these thin porcelain shells are permanently bonded to the front of your teeth.
Veneers are designed to match the natural color of your teeth so no one will even notice that you have them. This is particularly important if you are only placing veneers on a couple of teeth. However, if you want to get a full set of veneers, then our Pasadena cosmetic dentist can provide you with lighter veneers to give you a brighter smile.
How Dental Veneers are Used
There are many reasons someone may turn to dental veneers to alter and enhance their appearance. After all, veneers can completely makeover a smile without the need for invasive treatment or surgery. In fact, the only thing that Dr. Gill will need to do before placing your veneers is remove a small amount of enamel from the front of your teeth in order to make room for the veneers, themselves.
Veneers can cover a myriad of cosmetic flaws, including teeth that are,
- Slightly crooked or misaligned
- Severely discolored
- Chipped or cracked
- Disfigured or malformed
Veneers can close gaps, make teeth appear longer, improve coloration, and straighten out the overall shape and symmetry of your smile.
Interested? Give Us a Call!
If you are interested in what dental veneers can do for you, then call our Pasadena, TX, dental office today at (713) 947-0293 to sit down with our cosmetic dentist for an evaluation. Let us give you the smile you deserve!
Do you wince when you hear the words "root canal? You're not alone. Although jokes about root canals lead many people to believe that the procedure is painful, this popular rumor does not reflect reality! In fact, root canal treatment from Dr. Kevin Gill, your dentist in Pasadena, TX, is a painless procedure that provides important benefits for your smile!
How can root canal therapy help me?
Root canals are recommended when your tooth pulp has become infected or inflamed. The soft pulp is located beneath the enamel and dentin layers of your tooth and contains tissue, blood vessels, and nerves.
During the therapy, your Pasadena dentist removes the pulp, cleans the interior of the tooth, cleans and shapes the root canals, and replaces the pulp with gutta-percha, a rubber-based filling material. Crowns are then usually added to strengthen and protect treated teeth.
What are the advantages of root canal therapy?
Root canal therapy can:
- End your pain: Teeth that need root canal therapy can ache and throb due to the infected dental pulp. However, by removing this pulp, root canal therapy ends your pain. During treatment, you will also receive local anesthetic to ensure that your mouth remains pain-free throughout the entire procedure.
- Prevent tooth loss: If you don't receive root canal therapy, you will eventually lose your damaged tooth. This is to be avoided at all costs, for tooth loss affects your appearance, makes chewing harder, and can even harshly affect your other teeth. After you lose a tooth, your other teeth drift toward the opening, which can cause bite and alignment problems. Tooth loss can also cause your jawbone to shrink. Root canals prevent these consequences from occurring.
- Protect your health: An abscess, a serious bacterial infection in your tooth pulp, can spread to your heart, brain or other parts of your body if it's not treated promptly. Root canal therapy, used in conjunction with antibiotics, prevents the infection from spreading.
- Eliminate the need for tooth restoration: Replacing a missing tooth can be costly, and the restoration may never feel quite as comfortable as a natural tooth. Thanks to your root canal, you can keep your tooth.
Need dental work? Give us a call!
Protect your smile with root canal therapy! Call your Pasadena, TX, dentist, Dr. Kevin Gill, at (713) 947-0293 to schedule an appointment.
If you're considering tooth replacement with some kind of dentures, you're not alone. In his Pasadena, TX, office, Dr. Kevin Gill fits patients with the latest in dentures, improving oral function, facial contours, speech, and more.
It's no shame
People experience tooth loss. Perhaps it's through a motor vehicle accident or sports mishap. Maybe you've had extensive tooth decay and restorations, or gum disease loosened your teeth beyond repair. Whatever the case, dentures can help bring your smile back to life.
Types of dentures
Here are the types of dentures currently available through your Pasadena, TX, dentist. As part of your treatment plan, you and Dr. Gill, will discuss your oral health needs and how each type of denture may work for you. Additionally, he will outline how long it will take to get your appliance and how much it will cost.
Denture types include:
- Partial denture are made of lifelike acrylic, these pontic, or artificial teeth are mounted on light metal framework and are held in place securely by several clasps which grasp adjoining teeth. A partial denture fills one or more smile gaps and, as its name indicates, is appropriate for partial tooth loss.
- Full conventional dentures are fitted to the top or bottom arch or both. A full denture replaces an entire set of teeth when extensive decay, accident, or periodontal disease strike. Some people also opt for full dentures because of extreme dental sensitivity. These appliances stay in place with the natural suction provided by the oral tissues on the upper and lower jaws. Dr. Gill places them after extraction sites heal completely.
- Immediate dentures are full dentures placed right after the dentist removes teeth. They have the advantage of completing your smile right away and help speed healing. However, they often need replacement as bone and gums shrink over time.
- Implant dentures help fully edentulous patients regain normal chewing, biting, and speaking. They are the most stable denture option available and improve the density and size of supporting bone and gum tissue. While they are the most expensive option, implant dentures present an attractive option to people who wish to regain the most normal physical appearance and oral function possible.
Considering dentures? Let us help
Dr. Gill and his caring staff help people decide if and when to get dentures and how best to adjust to their new teeth. If you are tired of a failing smile, call our Pasadena, TX, office to arrange a consultation: (713) 947-0293.
How your dentist in Pasadena, TX, can rejuvenate your smile
If your smile has grown dull and uninteresting, you can change it! You can have the brilliant, perfect smile you deserve, and it’s easier than you think. The answer is cosmetic dentistry! Cosmetic dentistry procedures have revolutionized what dentistry is all about. Now, in addition to repairing your smile, you can make it more beautiful too! Dr. Kevin Gill in Pasadena, TX, offers a wide variety of services to help you and your smile look great!
You have many cosmetic dentistry procedures to choose from. These are just a few:
- Professional teeth whitening, the quick and easy way to a bright, beautiful smile; you can whiten your smile up to 8 shades whiter, with dramatic results that can last up to 5 years! Dr. Gill offers two exceptional ways to whiten your smile. Consider:
- In-office whitening, which takes about an hour and is a great choice if you have a special event coming up and want to look great
- Take-home whitening, which comes in a kit containing everything you need to whiten safely and effectively at home
- Dental implants, if you are missing a single tooth or multiple teeth; dental implants look and feel just like natural teeth. They restore your full chewing function and give you a whole, beautiful smile. They are fully embedded in bone, so they won’t ever move around, and you can brush and floss them just like natural teeth.
Porcelain veneers, the gold standard of treatment to give you a perfect smile; porcelain veneers are thin sheaths of beautiful porcelain which are cemented on to the front surfaces of your teeth. They allow you to change the color and shape of your teeth. You can choose porcelain veneers to hide:
- Chips and tooth wear
- Cracks and fracture lines
- Discolorations and defects in enamel
It’s up to you to decide which cosmetic dentistry procedure is right for you, and there are many choices. Your dentist can help you achieve a brilliant, beautiful smile. Just pick up your phone and call Dr. Kevin Gill in Pasadena, TX, today!
Several different types of dentures exist for replacing missing teeth and restoring the natural shape of the face. Whether you need to replace a full row of teeth or still have some natural teeth remaining, there is a type of denture that is right for you! Dr. Kevin Gill in Pasadena, TX, can help determine which types of dentures might be suitable for your needs—read on to learn more!
Types of Dentures
There are several different types of dentures to replace missing teeth. Partial dentures fill in the gaps where teeth are missing when there are still some natural teeth, while full or complete dentures replace a full row of teeth when no natural teeth remain. Two types of partial dentures include transitional and removable. Types of full dentures include immediate, conventional, and implant-supported overdentures. During a consultation, your Pasadena dentist can recommend the appropriate type of denture for your needs.
More about Partial Dentures
Both types of partial dentures, transitional and removable, are used when there are still some natural teeth left. Partial dentures simply fill in the gaps where teeth are missing and can be used along the top or bottom arch of teeth, or both if needed. Transitional partial dentures are a temporary option often worn while waiting for the gums to heal from tooth extraction or a similar procedure. Removable partial dentures are a more comfortable lighter-weight option meant to be worn long term.
More about Full Dentures
The different types of full dentures are worn when a full row or arch of teeth needs to be replaced. Immediate full dentures are a temporary option worn while the gums heal from tooth extraction or another procedure. Once the mouth heals, immediate full dentures are usually replaced with conventional full dentures, which are custom made for a perfect fit and are meant to be worn permanently. Implant-supported overdentures are also meant to be worn permanently and are securely anchored in place by several dental implants in the jawbone.
Interested? Call Today!
Dentures can restore your smile, the natural shape of your face, normal tooth function, and speech. For dentures in Pasadena, TX, schedule an appointment with Dr. Gill by calling (713) 947-0293.
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.